Saturday, February 23, 2013 : 1-4pm
807 Main Street Nashville 37206
This is a free event, but please bring one (or more) of these:
- a homemade finger food to share
- seeds to swap
- a photo/drawing of your garden, garden plans, or favorite/unique garden space (or potential garden space!) around town
We will have information about…
· ENCM’s new garden programs & how you can get involved
· How you can be a part of our Peace Garden program
· How you can sell what you grow
· Opportunities to volunteer at or support local farms and food organizations
· Community organizations supporting gardens and local food
· ENCM garden tours and Q & A time
· Demonstrations in the garden using unique tools & techniques
· Seed swap (bring yours if you’ve got them please!), free seeds, and great seed catalogs
· A community discussion circle at 2:00 p.m. led by Jeremy of Nashville Foodscapes: What is your vision of Nashville’s backyard food culture? How can we create a network of home gardens that feed us while creating community? What are your ideas about how we can share resources & ideas to create a vibrant part of Nashville's food system?
Forest Garden Growers
Gardens for Good
High Garden Tea
Michael Holt, Glen Leven Farm
Plant the Seed
Six Boots Collective
The Nashville Food Project
Urban Green Lab
We’d like volunteers to help set up & decorate, bring finger foods, help organizations set up and break down, and clean up afterwards. And we’d love a donation of compostable cups and napkins.
Please freely forward and share info about this event.
Questions or ideas: Hilary 615.601.2790, firstname.lastname@example.org.
To volunteer or donate, contact Hilary or Eric at email@example.com.